Saturday, October 2, 2010

Flavors of Fall, Vol. 1

Autumn is the best time of year to cook.  Everything smells SO good, makes you warm and cozy, is abundant and fresh...I could go on.  Today I bring you Butternut Squash Ravioli.  Or, my quick and easy version.  This isn't really a recipe since I throw stuff together off the cuff, but here's what I did:
cheater ravioli...thank you to the good people of Stop & Shop
So, I started much the same way I start every meal...sauteing onions...

I added to that some butternut squash that I had already roasted that afternoon, a little veggie stock and some milk, salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg.  I let it simmer down for a bit until it was a not too thick and not too thin consistency
this smells insanely good, trust me
add the cooked Ravioli and viola!  dinner
add a salad...and you can even call it healthy!

and since you're being all healthy...have some pumpkin cookies for dessert!






2 comments:

  1. That sounds like one I'd love to try. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! do you think the flavors would meld with meat ravioli?

    ReplyDelete